Have I got a treat for you, lovers. A snack attack level 11 kind of treat. These are not the classic rice Kripsy™ treats of your youth. No, these are the bedazzled, swanky and cool af aunt to those other treats. Let me explain..
These ooey gooey, oh so sticky, sweet/salty tahini and syrup coated crisped brown rice cereal (cuz we're healthy y'all) treats are already bomb dot com status, but let's, ya know, cover them in sultry dark chocolate and sprinkle on fancy wild rose finishing salt. Because we can and we will.
Check out out the fun recipe video below and click through to subscribe to our YouTube channel if you want to be notified when new videos are posted! (If you can take a second to give the video a thumb's up too (if you like it of course) I'd appreciate it!)
Happy snacking friends!
recipe after the jump...
Vegan Tahini and Dark Chocolate Scotcheroosby Kaity Farrell
Classic rice Krispy™ treats get the vegan treatment and achieve bomb dot com status with tahini and dark chocolate.
Prep time: | Cook time:
- 8 oz. (7 cups) crisped brown rice cereal
- 2/3 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- 9 oz. (1-1/2 cups) dark chocolate chips
- Heat brown rice syrup, tahini, maple syrup, 4 tablespoons coconut oil, and sea salt in a saucepan on medium heat until everything melts together. Mixture does not need to bubble.
- Pour syrup mixture over cereal in a large bowl and fold together until cereal is evenly coated.
- Spread cereal mixture into a parchment lined 13x9” deep sided pan. Set at room temperature for 1 hour or refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm.
- Melt chocolate and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Pour melted chocolate over cereal and spread evenly with a rubber spatula. Optionally sprinkle top with a pinch of flaky sea salt or finishing salt like our Fare Isle Nantucket Wild Rose Fleur de Sel. Let chocolate set at room temperature for 30 minutes or refrigerate for 10-15 minutes until firm.
- Lift Scotcheroos out of pan using the parchment paper. Cut into 24 squares and serve.
- Scotcheroos will keep in a covered container at room temperature for up to a week.
Prop Love: Table linen by Coyuchi.